Saturday, June 25, 2011

A change

For the past two years I've kept a sort of documentation of my life over on my Tumblr, but lately it just doesnt cut it any more. I want to talk about serious things and issues and write as long as I please and the atmosphere on Tumblr seems to be: keep things short and coat it in 15 layers of irony. Which is all right for little things and I'll still use it from time to time, but for now I need to sort of grow up and take things seriously and get organized. Tumblr is ephemeral, its easy escape, its a distraction, but I need goals and things to look forward to and a place to truly vent. I turned 18 in March and as fun as it is to pretend I'm still a teen for a while, the reality is (outside of literal interpretation of the word teen) I'm not.

Also, excuse the seemingly pretentious French url. "thebigpicture.blogspot.com" was already taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment